Saturday, May 5, 2012

If only I had these keys !

There are x number of keys on the keyboard. There are keys for consonants, vowels, numbers, mathematical signs, exclamatory keys  and the very significant Backspace , Delete and Enter keys.
How I wonder if, and wish I could use these in life.

In spur of the moment decisions, I would just press Enter and it would be done. The heart or head would have claimed victory over the other and the deed would be done. But of course, it was a spontaneous impulsive decision. I would reflect on it and come to the conclusion that I was wrong and wrong has been done. Right and wrong still being very subjective in essence, I would however not realize that and the battle would continue.
My saviour of the moment Backspace would come to my rescue. I would feel elated because for once my wishful thinking would be materializing. I would have a sense of relief and joy , that backspace would take care of my errors and I would start over. Oh yes! A new beginning it would be! I would be able to use all the keys I have and create something better. Better , again being subjective ; but I'm elated and would not see that of course.I would use Backspace for the small errors and use the mighty and beautiful Delete for the larger ones.
The Delete is a clever one. It would make me think it is ridding me of unwanted unpleasant things I have created but instead keep them all preserved in a bin. Some would argue at this point that Delete's partner in work The Shift would enable it to take care of these problematic things. A technical person once told me that its always possible to recover these and all this Shift Delete partnership business is a hoax.

My ultimate ever-so-powerful superhero would probably be named  FileShredder or FileSmasher. It would take away all my worries and unwanted unpleasant evidence of the errors I would have made.

How I wonder if and wish I have these keys in life. The Enter to help me take decisions and act on them. The Backspace to undo my mistakes and have a shot at rectifying them. The Delete to erase unpleasant memories which just take up precious space inside of me.Perhaps FileShredder could be my lover!

If only, I had these keys, these tools..to keep my system functioning !



No comments:

Post a Comment